My baby girl is learning how to roll over. She will lay on her blanket and try with all her might to turn over. The hardest thing for me has been to watch her struggle with the process. It might sound kind of silly, but I want to rescue her from her frustration. A few times I have gone over to help her and to show her how it's done. Today as I heard her fuss in an effort to roll onto her side. I rushed over to help her again, but stopped myself short. It's frustrating for me to see her struggle, but I realized if I did it for her each time it would hinder her ability to do it herself and would then slow down the joy she will have in accomplishing it herself. That's when I realized that this is probably how our Heavenly Father feels as well.
There have been times in my life when I have struggled with a problem and wondered why my Heavenly Father wasn't there to solve it for me. Now I realize that my Heavenly Father had a lot more faith in me than I had in myself. He knew my potential and knew that I could overcome whatever the problem was. And you know what? I did. And once I did I experienced the joy of accomplishment. The same feeling of accomplishment Baby C will feel when she rolls over by herself. I know that later in life she will struggle with more serious problems. When she needs me I will be there to help her; but when I know she can do it herself I will stand back. I'm sure it will be difficult for me to watch her struggle, but man it will be sweet when I see the joy that comes from overcoming.
I love the lessons of motherhood.
May 2023
3 years ago

3 comments:
I love your analogy, it really is how Heavenly Father feels about us. A few days ago we decided to go out to lunch as a treat. Caleb wanted a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and started crying about it, he didn't understand that if he just waited a few minutes, we had something that he would love so much more for lunch. I think its like that with God's timetable. We get upset and want to know why we're not getting blessings or why we're having trials. he knows that there is something much better in store for us, but we have to wait for it.
So beautifully written - thank you!
Melanie I would love reading your blog! I would love to design a baby announcement for Chelsea - if you have a picture or a few pictures you'd like to use and her info go ahead and e-mail it to me and I'll make a few up for you.
Post a Comment