

So Tuesday was our anniversary. Hard to believe, but with how busy things have been we almost forgot it. On Sunday my visiting teacher asked if she could come over sometime this week. I told her Tuesday would be best since Matt is in class until 8:30. Later she came by to tell me they couldn't come on Tuesday because it was her Visiting Teaching companion's anniversary. "Well," I said, "no one should do visiting teaching on their anniversary." Still had no idea it was my anniversary as well until later that night when it hit me. I had no idea what we should do. That night I finally devised an amazing plan...one that I won't divulge since it didn't happen...yet. Why you ask? Well Monday night I started feeling really sick. By Tuesday morning I was incapacitated. I was so sick. I won't give you details, but by Tuesday night we thought it may have something to do with my gallbladder surgery so my cute sister Devee watched our sleeping baby while we went to urgent care. While we were in the waiting room we laughed at how we were spending our anniversary. Instead of roses Matt paid for my trip to urgent care. Thankfully everything's okay. We went home and Matt took such good care of me and Chelsea. He made sure I was drinking liquids, cooked anything I thought I could keep down, and, while I spent my day on the couch, he spent his time making sure Chelsea was happy. She LOVED having him home. As strange as it was spending our anniversary this way, I saw it as a true celebration of a happy marriage. I have an amazing husband who loves me. He honors his priesthood and was able to bless me. He adores our daughter and lives to make both of us happy. How grateful I am for this man. Roses, presents, and a night out can wait.

4 comments:
Happy Anniversary! I'm' sorry you had to spend it in Urgent Care, but you have such a sweet wonderful hubby!
I can't believe it's your anniversary already!! Holy cow - weren't you guys just married? So fun! Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary!!! You guys are great! Hope you're feeling better!
I remember that reception! I didn't have a date, so I forced my roommate to come as my boyfriend. :)
Post a Comment