Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween!

The highlights:

Chelsea was a pirate. She liked to practice saying "ARGH!" like a pirate.

Chelsea HATED the hat that came with her costume. She cried every time we put it on her. Luckily Grammy sent a cute Halloween bow so she wore that instead.
Chelsea went trunk or treating. I have NEVER seen so many kids. We only took her to a handful of cars because otherwise she would have been trampelled. We went through two 24 oz bags of candy just at trunk or treat. It was so fun. We had dinner and activities. We were teamed up with a ward I served in on my mission and I was so surprised to run into a family that I LOVE.



Chelsea went trick or treating, just around the block. At first she was a little nervous, then she was kind of confused. You could see she was thinking, "okay, so I can walk up to these people's houses and they will give me candy?" For all concerned we did trade her candy for crackers and fruit snacks. Okay we let her have one...two...okay no more than three pieces of candy.




We came home from trick or treating and were amazed when four bags of candy disappeared quickly with all the neighborhood trick or treaters. Finally we turned of the lights and locked the door at 8:30. Yes we are THAT family.


It was a great Halloween.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

She's cute! LOL- at your "we are that family" comment- we turned our lights off and locked our day at 8pm and surprisingly with the neighborhood we live in and the million kids we saw walking around the neighborhood we didn't get anymore trick or treaters after that.

Sarah and Mark said...

Chelsea looks so cute in the Pirate coustume! Halloween is so much more fun with kids!