So it's been a long time coming, but I'm going to try and catch up on some happenings here in the Velasquez home. Once all the posts are up you'll understand why it's taken a while. We've been pretty busy.
We had a great Easter. Chelsea went to two Easter Egg Hunts, one at the Orem Rec Center and one at UVU. We had so much fun hunting for eggs. Easter egg hunts here are no joke. We got to the first hunt ten minutes early and the line was already so long. I couldn't believe it. I had never seen anything like it. We thought Chels wouldn't get anything, but she did. She was so good at picking up the eggs, especially if they made noise when she shook them.
Thanks to Grammy and Papa Chelsea had an overflowing Easter basket. She loved all her little goodies. We got her a board book of Book of Mormon stories for Easter and showed her the story of Jesus, after his resurrection, coming to see the people in America. What a wonderful gift our Savior gave us. I am so grateful that because of what he did I can be with my family forever. I've truly gained a deeper understanding of the atonement this Easter. Something about learning how to teach it simply to my daughter has helped me so much. It feels like I'm a missionary all over again and I love that spirit that comes from trying to do it the best I can. I'm so grateful for that.
May 2023
3 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment