When Matt and I got married my cute sweet Grandma asked what we would like for a wedding gift. I really wanted a picture of Christ for our front room. Grandma didn't know which one to get us, so she gave us money to buy one. Matt and I went shopping for our picture of Christ and found
this one. We fell in love. What a beautiful depiction of our Savior's love for us. We knew that this was the one both of us wanted, but the picture was so new that we could only find it in the extremely large, extremely expensive canvas framed variety. We decided to hold off. There always seemed to be something missing in our living room. Every time we went to Seagull Book or Deseret Book we would look for this picture but never found the right one. That combined with our extremely frugal lives right now made buying this picture lower on the priority list. Then a few weeks ago I started to feel very strongly that we needed a picture of Christ in our home. We have a small framed picture of Christ in Chelsea's room, but I started to feel very strongly that we needed Christ to be the center of our home and that it was important to have a picture of him for everyone to see. With our time in Utah winding down, we knew it was time to pick the picture of Christ that we could take with us to our new home. Chelsea and I went to Seagull book and we found our picture. It was beautiful. It was perfect. And it was the exact picture we wanted. It was, however, a little more than we wanted to spend so we went home and decided to think it over. It wasn't too long before the picture went on sale and we knew it was time to buy. We brought it home and it is now hanging on our wall. I love it. It's so beautiful and reminds me every day that it's okay not to be perfect; that my Savior loves and cares for me and just wants me everyday to try and do my best. I am so grateful for Him, and for my beautiful picture.
2 comments:
So gorgeous... I hadn't seen that one yet. I'm sure it looks great in your home.
You finally got it! I remember you showing me that picture forever ago and telling me how much you and Matt wanted it. Yea!
Post a Comment