
Funny name huh? I know there are many of you who know of John Bytheway. He is a very popular speaker in our church. He speaks most often to the youth and is very inspirational. I remember growing up listening to tapes of him speaking and I remember feeling the spirit very strongly when I did.
Well I decided that I need to take advantage of all the time I have left here in Utah and go to more events that focus on the gospel. Friday the institute at UVU where Matt goes to school was having a devotional where John was speaking. Chelsea and I went and I'm so glad we did. His talk focused on our response to people not of our faith who don't believe that we are Christian. There were many wonderful things said that will always stick with me, but one quote that I have been thinking about a lot is, "it doesn't matter what other people think, it matters what Jesus knows." I'm going to expose a big weakness here - sometimes I get very caught up in making sure that others know that I am a good person. One thing that has hurt me very much is when I have been criticized for not being Christian. This happened many times when I served as a full-time missionary for my church. I was so hurt because I knew that my relationship with my Savior, Jesus Christ, was real and that I believed fully in who he is. In matters of faith and religion as well as in other matters of life, it doesn't matter what others think, it matters what Jesus knows. This idea, which I have been pondering the last couple days, is a powerful concept and I hope that I may remember it and more fully incorporate it into my life.
There have been many times that I've thought of how great it would be to leave Utah, but now that the time for us to leave is coming closer, I really realize how blessed I am to live here. There are so many wonderful opportunities here to increase my faith and so many amazing friends who have made such a huge difference in who I am. Friday was one day that I was so grateful to live in Utah.

4 comments:
Thanks for the invite! I love John Bytheway as well, and that is a fantastic quote, thank you so much for sharing. I completely agree, sometimes you really want people to know that you are a good person and it is easy to get caught up in the thoughts of others.. especially those who are close to you. It is something that takes practice too! It is instinct for the natural man to pass judegment, good or bad, and form opinions about others choices but you are so right - it doesn't matter at all what others think because Heavenly Father knows our circumstances and things about us that no one else does. Thanks again for sharing!
I really do just love you!
I used to want to be John Bytheway... seriously! (professionally that is)
We have a post dedicated to the Baby C.
I love John Bytheway. Do you know where your moving?
Post a Comment