Monday, July 14, 2008






Can you believe it? My little girl is one month old already. This has been the longest and shortest month of my life. I have learned so much about myself and about life. The other day we were in church and the lesson in Relief Society was on obedience. We sang Lord I Would Follow Thee, a song I traditionally equate with missionary service. But this time the song had a whole new meaning for me. I felt the mantle of motherhood very strongly and knew that this was where I was supposed to be. Thanks to all my amazing friends who have been so supportive! It's so great to learn from good mothers. I am so grateful to be a mom. I just want to freeze time and hold little Chelsea all day. I think she's the most amazing person I've ever met and I'm excited to see who she will become someday.

7 comments:

X said...

Oh she is just so gorgeous!!! you can definetly see Matt in that 2nd picture!

sara said...

Mel- she is so adorable! I think she looks exactly like Matt. And that pouty lip- watch out in a few months she'll totally be using it to her advantage when you get after her for getting into something she shouldn't! I love this post- reminds me of Sis. Midgley always telling us being a missionary is easy compared to being a mom! :) lovies!

Mandy said...

Mel, she is GORGEOUS! What a little sweetheart. Oh my, one month old!!! It goes fast! Yes, I must agree that she has a lot of Matt in her. :) Love you guys!

My life in a blog said...

I know the feeling of wanting to freeze time! Sadly, it moves ever forward. Like Elder Ballard said, we just need to cherish these mothering moments. In 10 years I want to remember her cute sounds and what she smelled like and the joy she has over discovering her toes!!

Cristi said...

She is beautiful!!

Marissa of Ris C Handmade said...

She is so cute! They grow so fast. She does look a lot like Matt, but in a very feminine way. Not that Matt is feminine, but that she is a feminine version of him. We need to get together for a playdate when you come back.

Ra-call-dee... said...

She is so cute!!! I love your posts on being a new mom! Thank you for sharing! I love the little pic of her frown!