Well happy belated Christmas and new year everyone!!! Everything's great here in the Velasquez home. We had a great trip to Seattle for Christmas. It was the longest time I had been home probably since my mission. Before we could have Christmas in Seattle we had to have our traditional sugar cookie Sunday. Matt and I met when we went to my now sister-in-law, Danielle's, house to make sugar cookies on the first Sunday of the month. It's now a family tradition to do Sugar Cookies on the first Sunday of the month after we put up the Christmas tree the night before.
Well then it was off to Seattle. We had ten days full of food, family and fun. We had such a great time!!! The picture of my brother Allen probably says it all - so much to do, not enough time, or hands. :)
Our other pictures are of a couple of baptisms we've had in our ward recently. When I moved to Provo I thought there would be no missionary work for me to do down here. Then a few months ago Matt was called as the ward mission leader and my eyes have really been opened to the opportunities to bear my testimony and assist in the greatest work we have to participate in. The two people being baptized are Lucie and Luis. It was so great to be a part of their special day!!!
In baby news, the baby is doing great. I will be 20 weeks on Tuesday and I can't believe I'll be halfway through! Actually I can...it seems to drag sometimes. :) I've had some sicknesses lately, which have not been fun, but the baby seems to be growing just fine. I've just felt him/her moving in the last week and it's really amazing. That and my growing tummy make all of this feel much more real. Stay tuned for the results of our big ultrasound coming up this Tuesday!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment