My poor little lady has been sick. She's pretty much over her first cold, but she still has that awful congestion left behind. Poor thing. It makes her cranky and makes it hard for her to sleep. That makes it hard for us to sleep. Sometimes I get a tad impatient and very tired. But last night was different. After a hard day yesterday I decided it's best for me to get up with my Lady C to make sure she has a good, full feeding instead of just bringing her into bed and letting her nurse as I drift off to sleep. So last night at 12:30 she woke up. We came out to the living room and I fed her. I will never forget her peaceful face or that tiny little hand grabbing my shirt as if to tell me that she is happy that I am near and doesn't want me to leave. And then when all was done she leaned her head over my left shoulder. I could feel her breathing. I could smell that smell that could only come from a little baby and in that moment I hoped that I would not forget how I felt.
My world was complete.
Amid the books on the floor, the TV that we have yet to pick up our stand for, and the pile of papers to tend to I was never happier. Finally I took my little Chelsea back to her bed and as I got back into my own bed I thanked my Heavenly Father for the opportunity to be Chelsea's mother and for the opportunity to serve her in that late hour.
I couldn't have had a more perfect night.
May 2023
3 years ago

6 comments:
That was really sweet! Thank you for sharing. Chelsea will tresure this blog when she's older.
Hi Melanie!
It's fun to see pictures of your sweet girl and to read how much you love motherhood. It's great, isn't it?
We have a blog now, too: themeekerbunch.blogspot.com
It's fun to catch up! Take care,
Kristen
Mel, thank you so much for that. Those are the sacred moments of being a Mommy. Chelsea is so blessed to have you as a mommy and to just have such great parents.
Hey Melanie,
We came across your blog.. Im Matt's old roommate who lives where you served your mission. Tell Matt I say "hi"... glad to hear about the fam. Congrats on your baby girl. He can drop me a line at carlandamber.blogspot.com if he'd like.
Carl
Here is the blog for Deron and Lori, too! http://deronwatanabefamily.blogspot.com/
We would love to see you sometime! Are you guys in San Jose or Utah? Carl will be doing his interviews for residencies during Dec., so he will be flying all over the place! He might be able to catch up with you guys. Chelsea really is beautiful, and it is so fun to see others be able to enjoy the joys of having children. You never realized that you could love a little one so deeply!
Being a mommy seriously ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
Post a Comment