That's right! We went in for our big ultrasound almost three weeks ago and found out we're having another little girl. At first I really didn't trust the tech, he didn't seem so sure about it. After we left I told Matt I was going to ask my nurse midwife for another ultrasound to make sure. Little did I know I would get that and so much more.
A couple days later I got a call from my nurse midwife saying they found something of concern. They wanted me to come in for another ultrasound. She said they find this in a lot of pregnancies, so I shouldn't worry too much about it. After reading more about it I really wasn't too concerned at all and was just thankful we would be able to find out for sure whether or not we were having a girl. (Because really, no little boy wants his first pictures coming home from the hospital in pink clothes.)
I went in for my level II ultrasound and they confirmed the finding plus found something else of concern. We've talked to a genetics counselor, had blood work, gone over possibilities and risks, and have decided not to have an amniocentesis right now. I don't want to go too much into all of it, because I would like to focus on having a happy healthy pregnancy and not worry too much about what could be, but we would really appreciate your prayers for our little girl.
We are so excited to welcome our little princess.
May 2023
3 years ago

1 comment:
Congrats on having another little girl! We will be praying for her.
Post a Comment