Thursday, September 17, 2009

Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea

Wow do I love my little girl. She is so much fun and is becoming more fun every day. We made this video one night after just moving our stuff into our new place. We wanted to record Chelsea making some of her animal sounds. Here are some more cute Chelsea moments I never want to forget:

About three months ago I was sleeping and Matt woke up with Chelsea. A few minutes later I woke up to Chelsea standing by my bed pinching my arm and saying, "ow, ow, owwwwwwww". Not cool that she's pinching, but it was kind of cute. We were trying to figure out where she got it from. Low and behold my dad admitted to teaching it to her just before we moved.

(About a month and a half ago)

Me: (reading a book to Chelsers) "Look Chelsea a circle"
Chelsea: "Ker-kle"
Me: "That's right! It's a circle!"
Chelsea: "Ker-kle"
Matt: (in the other room sneezes)
Chelsea: "A-too" (complete with throwing her head back like she's sneezing)
Me: "That's right Daddy sneezed. Say 'bless you Daddy'"
Chelsea: (folds her arms as if we are saying prayers since we always ask for 'blessings' in our prayers)

Chelsea has been really great at saying her prayers. It's been a lesson for us into how much children will watch what you do. We've never asked Chelsea to fold her arms for prayer, but now when we say "prayer time" she will fold her arms. Usually she doesn't keep them folded for the prayer, but when we say, "amen," she will always fold them again. What a cutie.

Another thing Chelsea likes lately is shoes, or as she says it, "ooes". Boy does she love her shoes. She will whine until I put on her selected pair, then will take another pair from her closet to put on her hands and will crawl around the living room with two pairs of shoes.

That crawling is pretty much at it's end now because we have a walker! Chelsea took her first steps about a month ago but is now able to walk all over the house, and will even chase us in a game of tag.

We sure love our girl.


5 comments:

Josh said...

Wow, I can’t believe how big she has gotten in the couple months since I have seen her last. I can’t believe how well she talks! I can’t wait to see you and her tomorrow. Do you know what time you are coming over yet? Are you going to stay for dinner?
Let me know! Love ya

Chris said...

I love how Matt can't even get up off the floor to be in the video. Must be exhausted from that new Job. Thanks for the video we miss seeing your sweet little girl

Dani said...

She is so stinkin cute! We miss our neice! (and maybe her parents too...)

Sariah said...

That video is the best! I love it! She's growing up FAST! Sooo adorable! I hope you guys like your new place.

Sarah and Mark said...

That is so cute! Adriana has loved doing animal signs too. We love it!