Sunday, March 8, 2009

Wow!!

So much to report on!

First of all, about a month ago we found out that Chelsea is getting a new cousin! My brother Aaron and his wife Yuka are expecting their first baby in September. We are so excited!

On Valentine's Day my brother Allen proposed to his girlfriend Candace. They are going to be married in May. I'm not only happy to be getting a new sister-in-law, but am also so excited to have all our family together!

Last week my little sister (who I can't believe is old enough to do this) was called to serve in the Argentina Buenos Aires South mission for our church! She will be a fantastic missionary and we are thrilled for her!!!

Finally just this week Matt got the offer letter for a job he really wanted. We really didn't think we would end up in California, but that's where we're going! It is with an amazing company called Clark Construction. They don't know for sure yet where we will be but it will definitely be Oakland, LA, or Costa Mesa. I am shooting for Costa Mesa since that was the first area I lived in when I was a missionary. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited that this is a possibility!!! We feel very blessed for this offer. So many people, especially in the construction industry, are struggling finding jobs and we are overwhelmed with feelings of gratitude for this opportunity. Matt graduates May first so we'll stick around till the end of the month and start in June.

So there you have it - all the fantastic family news.

9 comments:

Cristi said...

Congrats on the job offer!!! That is fantastic!

Dani said...

*sounds of pounding on the computer desk*
We want Lady C pictures! We want Lady C pictures! .... and on and on until we see the pictures...
:)
Love ya'll!

Kim said...

Congrats on the job offer, that is so neat. I'm a little jealous that you guys are heading to California where there is no snow!!!

Ransom! said...

Congrats!! We'll miss you but we are happy that Matt found a job!

Kristen said...

Wow-such fun things are happening to your family! Congrats! We've got fun news, too--Jason got into medical school last week! So we'll be moving to West Virginia in July or August.

Britt and Laura said...

Congratulations on the JOB offer. Please let us know if will be in LA or Costa Mesa. We are going to SoCal and visit my mom. We would love to see you!
We still have the pic of all of us at d-land :)
Love you!

Jake n' Chanté said...

Congrats!!! That's so exciting!
~Chanté

Sarah and Mark said...

Congratulations!! That would be so cool if you went to Costa Mesa!! Wow, so many memories. Let us know when you find out. And you're right, just having a job is a great blessing indeed!

Sarah and Mark said...

CONGRATS! That would be so cool if you got to move to Costa Mesa! Oh, so many memories. You can say, "I used to ride my bike here!" :) I'm glad he has a job too! That is a huge blessing!